Friday, January 16, 2015

A New Year, a New Blog

     
2015: ablogwithjennifer
      Last year I had the idea to have an Instagram account where I would post a picture of something I did that day for the entire year.  It was a great idea, in theory.  I thought that I would do it because there were a lot of big things happening in my life in 2014.  In 2014 I turned 18, graduated high school, went to Disneyland with my friends, was a bridesmaid in my cousin's wedding, was a grooms-woman in my brother's wedding, started college, and got my first job.  I knew that all of those big events were going to take place so I thought it would be a fun idea to document the whole year and all the exciting things that were to happen.  However, in reality, there were more days that I did almost nothing and didn't have anything to take a picture of, or when I did do something exciting I would forget to take a picture because I was enjoying the moment.  I'm glad that I did it because now I will be able to look back on my 2014, but I'm also glad that I don't have to continue on this year.  But because I was able to somewhat successfully (I have some interesting posts on that Instagram) keep a log of my year and do something that I can look back on, I decided that I wanted to do something similar this year.  Along with wanting to do something the entire year again, one of my "resolutions" for the year is to be more creative.  I think it's good to have a way to express yourself and I like to do creative things, but am often stuck for ideas.
      So my idea for this year is this: do small creative things every month/week depending on how busy I am with school and family (maybe work, not too sure about that currently).  So I will do my little projects and then take pictures and post them on this blog with a little description, or I will write something here, maybe even just make a wishlist of a some items that I have my eye on, or music/books that I am loving. This will be a way to show my projects and say what's on my mind.
      Realistically I probably won't have anyone that actually reads this, but like my Instagram from last year, I will be able to look back on it and see what I have accomplished during the year.  Here's to a year of having a blog, and hoping that it goes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment